An upbeat cartoon & guide book
on living abroad as a family
Greetings from Abroadland – Experiences of Family Life Abroad shares personal experiences and intercultural experts’ advice about
1) Moving abroad,
2) Adapting to a new place,
3) Kids’ school and daycare abroad,
4) Language issues,
5) Environment’s effects on everyday life,
6) Creating a home abroad and
7) Visiting family and friends in the native country.
Each chapter is a mix of experiences, tips and cartoons. Greetings from Abroadland is written for international parents and others who are curious about living abroad. The book comes with 35 cartoons of real-life situations and 75 tips how to make the most of your time abroad.
You can get the book from
I donate my book earnings to charities fighting for nature and children.
“This book is a great mix of story and really helpful advice on key topics that relate to international relocation; from learning the language, to understanding the culture, to settling in with your family and creating a home away from home. […] I highly recommend this book to anyone embarking on the adventure of an international relocation.”
– Louise Wiles, Author of Thriving Abroad: The definitive guide to professional and personal relocation success, http://www.thrivingabroad.com
“Helena has insightfully and expressively captured her life abroad. With both words and illustrations, this is a rich compendium of honest and relatable family stories. How can you not love an illustrated tree, laden with ‘heart-shaped leaves from friendships’ and ‘colourful birds singing thousands of stories’? This book is a treasure!”
– Terry Anne Wilson, Co-author of Monday Morning Emails, Writer at Notes On A Boarding Pass, http://www.mondaymorningemails.com, http://www.notesonaboardingpass.com