Holidays are coming and so are the visits to see family and friends!
Here are 5 quick tips for a successful visit ’back home’:
- Plan ahead. Where you’ll be staying, who you’ll be meeting and where/when are the main get-togethers.
- …but don’t plan too much. Leave space for some rest and surprises!
- Be resilient and positive. Having realistic expectations is always a good idea. There will be mixed emotions and moments but focus on the good ones.
- Spend some time by yourself and also as a couple, if possible. Do things that recharge you. One proven combination is to both playing a tourist in your home town by trying new places and events, and also spending time in the places where you feel comfortable and which trigger nice memories.
- Relax and enjoy! Remember why you are visiting – most likely because of the people, so enjoy their company as much as possible, these moments won’t last forever. The people back home should know you very well so breathe and be yourself!
If you will be visiting your friends and family in your native country / home town soon, I hope you will have a great time! 💛